The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.
1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Restart the computer in Safe mode (Windows 95/98/Me) or Safe mode with Command Prompt (Windows 2000/XP).
4. Reverse the changes made to the registry.
5. Restart the computer in Safe mode or VGA mode (Windows Me/XP).
6. Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Backdoor.Prorat.
For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.