• -
    • Anteprime
    • -
    • Video
    • -
    • Cinema

Pag 1 di 2 12 UltimoUltimo
Visualizzazione risultati da 1 a 15 di 16

Discussione: Joypad xbox360 testato con f.e.a.r.

Cambio titolo
    Glen Matthews L'avatar di MIGLIOMAN
    Registrato il
    02-05

Sorrisone Joypad xbox360 testato con f.e.a.r.

Though yesterday we tried out a few games, they weren't exactly top tier titles. Before everyone sends in hate mail and threatens to assassinate me, I admit that I tried out a console controller with F.E.A.R. Yes, I know it's a first person shooter and yes, I know how PC gamers get upset when anyone even suggests the word "console." However, we wanted to see how one of the best and recently released titles on PC would respond to an X360 controller.

We were initially skeptical whether F.E.A.R. would even recognize the controller, but our apprehensions were soon wiped away as we booted up the program. From the options menu we could access an option for joysticks and gamepads that allowed us to assign movement and look functions to both joysticks as well as the right and left trigger buttons. The right stick was represented by Rx and Ry to which we assigned strafing, forward, and backward movement. The left stick was used for turning left and right and looking up and down. Though we wanted to use the right and left triggers, recognized by the game as the Z Axis for other assignments, they were limited to movement and look functions as well as firing weapons and tossing grenades.

When we were finished with the directional controls we attempted to assign all the necessary functions to the remaining face buttons. What we had at our disposal were the four face buttons, two shoulder buttons, two joystick buttons, the back button, start button, and the D-Pad. We started assigning all the most pertinent functions like jump and duck, which we mapped to the joystick buttons, as well as reload, slow motion, and use to the face buttons. Start could bring up the main menu and we also had to try and give flashlight, change weapons, melee, and zoom proper positions. This all got a little overwhelming, and we quickly found that our controller was running out of free buttons. This left actions like leaning around corners, using medkits, and cycling through inventory items without assignments, meaning you'll definitely need to keep your keyboard close by if you ever were going to try to play this game with a 360 controller.

One of the main problems with assigning buttons was that the D-Pad only accepted a single function. To clarify, each direction of the D-Pad did not represent a unique function. Instead, the entirety of the D-Pad was identified as one single button called the Gamepad Hat Switch. This is not the case for all PC games. The PC version of Halo, for instance, allows players to assign four functions the D-Pad, which will be discussed further in an Insider article tomorrow. A natural tendency is to try and map the weapon switch function to opposite directions of the D-Pad, but since that wasn't possible, we tried to map a single direction of weapon cycling. We met with some interesting results.

The first time we tried it, pressing the D-Pad caused a spastic switching between both our pistol and SMG that continued until we brought up the options menu. During this time no weapons were able to fire since they were switching so quickly. Holding the D-Pad in one direction would lock the weapon selection in place, but that's no way to play. So we reset the controls and tried it again, and this time we found that when we went to switch weapons with the D-Pad, the game would cycle through every weapon we had and then settle on the one we'd started with.

To resolve this frustration, we switched the D-Pad assignment to managing our flashlight, and for that it worked flawlessly. The rest of the buttons were very responsive, and we have to report that the degree of precision while manipulating both joysticks was impressive, or at least better than we'd hoped. At close range, the shots we fired at enemies hit them in the face just as easily as if we were using a mouse, but at long ranges it became slightly more imprecise. Still, I'm only saying that because I'm used to using a mouse in first person shooters, and anyone familiar with using a console controller in first person shooters will have very little to complain about with the X360 controller. Personally, I still would rather use a mouse, but this controller left very little room for criticism.

We thought it was pretty cool, given that the game and the peripheral were just released, that the controller was properly recognized by F.E.A.R.'s beginning tutorial notes. Check it out.

While it may not be as precise as a mouse and be without the wide range of functions capable with a keyboard, there wasn't anything especially frustrating aside about using the X360 controller on a PC. While the D-Pad proved somewhat limited in F.E.A.R., such is not the case in other PC games so it's not really a hardware issue. When playing games with as many control options as F.E.A.R., you'll definitely need to keep a keyboard close by for some of the secondary functions, but using the Xbox 360 controller can still be an enjoyable experience. For any PC gamers that want to stab me in face for even suggesting a console controller can work in a first person shooter, let me say that using it at the very least frees you from the shoulder cramps of hunched mouse usage.

Che ne pensate?
    A voi la sentenza.

Utente L'avatar di Hallo
    Registrato il
    02-05
    il joypad mi sembra ottimo, non ho nessuna obiezione vostro onore
    chi balla è spesso considerato pazzo da chi non può sentire la musica.

Bannato L'avatar di Beltazor
    Registrato il
    10-02
    Mouse + Tastiera rullezz, per gli sparatutto almeno

Prepare to eternity... L'avatar di L0new0lf
    Registrato il
    12-03
    Penso che il joypad rullerà abbestia
    Sarà la prima volta, che non andrò a votare...
    Sarà la prima volta, che non andrò a puttane.

Registrato il
    02-05
    Almeno i possessori pc avranno un joypad a livello di quello console.

Registrato il
    10-02
    Citazione MIGLIOMAN
    io su PC uso quello dell'xbox (controllerS) con un'adattatore e driver dedicati, inutile dire che è fantastico

Registrato il
    02-05
    Citazione Beltazor
    io su PC uso quello dell'xbox (controllerS) con un'adattatore e driver dedicati, inutile dire che è fantastico
    Quindi confermi quello che dico?

Registrato il
    10-02
    Citazione MIGLIOMAN
    Quindi confermi quello che dico?

Spiacente! L'amministratore ha specificato che gli utenti possono inviare un messaggio ogni 40 secondi.

Utente
    Registrato il
    10-02
    Citazione MIGLIOMAN
    1-Mi rifiuto di giocare a qualunque fps con qualunque pad le poche esperienze che ho avuto sono a dir poco drammatiche

2-Ci sono buoni pad pure per PC e se uno vuole, un adattatore e collega quelle delle console al PC... nessuna novità quindi

Registrato il
    02-05
    Ovviamente sono d'accordo con te, ma io mi riferivo al fatto di non dover comprare adattatori, e poi hai ragione, gli fps per pc vanno giocati con il binomio mouse+tastiera, ma gli altri giochi? un racing game per esempio, un gioco sportivo?
    Come la metti in questo caso?

Ocelot L'avatar di Assurbanipal
    Registrato il
    12-04
    bhè che il pad 360 fosse ottimo si capisce solo a guardarlo: hanno limato tutti i difetti che affliggevano i controller duke e s e confezionando un prodotto, almeno apparentemente, senza difetti macroscopici.
    bella lì microsoft!
    Simon Pietro disse loro: <<Maria deve andare via da noi! Perché le femmine non sono degne della vita>>.
    Gesù disse: <<Ecco, io la guiderò in modo da farne un maschio, affinché ella diventi uno spirito vivo uguale a voi maschi. Poiché ogni femmina che si fa maschio entrerà nel Regno dei Cieli>>.

Vangelo di Tomaso, loghion 114

Utente L'avatar di TheBender89
    Registrato il
    08-05
    hem..se qualkuno mi spiega cs cè scritto.. :P

flavis
    Ospite
    Citazione J@go
    1-Mi rifiuto di giocare a qualunque fps con qualunque pad le poche esperienze che ho avuto sono a dir poco drammatiche

2-Ci sono buoni pad pure per PC e se uno vuole, un adattatore e collega quelle delle console al PC... nessuna novità quindi

la novità c'è e come,visto che potrai giocare a titoli come i calcisitci,sportivi in generale,auto,azione, con un pad che certamente diverrà standard,ciò si tradurrà in sistemi di controllo pensati apposta per questo pad e nel non dover configuarare ogni volta tutti i tasti del pad a seconda del gioco.

Utente L'avatar di Thevisitor®
    Registrato il
    06-03
    raga ma all'x si potranno attaccare tastiere e mouse usb?

Difensore di Halo 2 L'avatar di domy85
    Registrato il
    06-04
    sicuramente in futuro si!!!

Pag 1 di 2 12 UltimoUltimo