Ciao ragazzi! Vorrei porre alla vostra attenzione questa intervista di CVG a Seabass che, tra l'altro, sciorina qualche news relativamente a Pes6. Mi lascia perplesso soltanto l'ultima frase relativamente all'uso dell'hardware di Xbox 360.
Vi lascio qui di seguito l'intera intervista con relativo URL.
Ditemi se capisco male:
che la playstation sia la "main console" per Konami lo posso accettare a causa della non schiacciante diffusione di xbox in giappone, anche se loro vorrebbero programmare direttamente su xbox anzichè fare dei "ports". La cosa che non miè chiara è "si , noi vogliamo tenere conto il più possibile dell'hardware di xbox360, ma non vogliamo spingerci oltre poichè non vogliamo inficiare il divertimento sulle altre piattaforme.
Coiè della serie: è vero che xbox360 ha il premierato a questo giro, ma quello che va oltre ps3 a noi non interessa.
Xbox360 poteva anche uscire con 33 cores che non cambiava nulla...Beh se Vi sembro troppo di parte o credete che la polemica sia inutile e infantile scusatemi.

PES forever

irlandese
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...(que)id=127848

INTERVIEW: FISH, DOG AND PRO EVO SOCCER

Seabass and Greyhound team up to bring us the future of PES including next-gen and first news on Pro Evo Manager

11:31 We've lost count of the number of CVG Towers lunchtime hours Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer series has eaten up and, with the fifth instalment released today, the football before cheese sandwiches trend continues apace. PES producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka is of course the man to thank for our butties being left neglected on the sidelines and for delivering what is widely regarded as the best
football game, if not the best sports game, ever to grace the videogame world - Seabass, we salute you - and we were more than a little eager to chat to the face behind the games when we met up with him recently. Also present at the interview was PES Management producer Akiyoshi 'Greyhound' Chosokabe.
Let's get on with the show.

Have you been surprised by the standard of players you've seen so far and are they what you were expecting from national league entrants - in the PES league, that is?

Seabass: Every year I'm looking forward to this event and every year I'm very happy to see many players playing in the Pro Evolution Soccer league. I realise the level of the European players is rising year after year. However, maybe the Japanese champions have a little bit of an advantage, looking at how they play, when they play against the users or the press this year. I'm very happy that everyone has fun in the league, including the press.

However I am a little bit sad because when I actually see people playing they're all selecting Brazil or France, so my personal goal every year when I come over is to make the European people select their own country and play; and represent the strength or weakness in the game so that the European people are more comfortable playing their own country when they play in the league.

Do you think there's a big difference between European and Japanese styles of play?

Seabass: Well yes there is a distinctive difference between the Japanese players and the European players in general. The Japanese players tend to be more aggressive in attacking, they're all selecting like three attackers in formations and no matter how much they give away in points they will try to beat that and just score more goals. European players play a little bit differently, they try to defend tightly as well so there's a definite difference there.

What are the biggest differences between PES 4 and PES 5?

Seabass: In PES 5 we have finally brought in the online mode [on the
PS2 version] which has been requested for a couple of years. We're very proud that we have online in PES 5. The major upgrade is basically in the AI part of the game where we've challenged almost the limit of the hardware specs. We've evolved almost every aspect of the AI. One example is that we've put in a next-gen program that you never had before in terms of the players detecting the ball, where it will land.

And it won't just detect accurately and move according to that but it will move... We've also implemented the fact that players might make mistakes as well so some players might be better in knowledge of where the ball will land, some might not. The positions, the second striker and the second wing back, these are new positions that we've created.

PES on
PSP - how well has the series translated to handheld?

Seabass: The top priority of the team when they were creating PES on PSP was that we give the same feeling of play. Or in other words, converting Pro Evolution Soccer on PS2 onto a portable format. We've allocated the core team to the PSP version too so overall the outcome was you get the same play feeling as the PS2 version. However, since we do have hardware restrictions we needed to cut some major parts of the game drastically such as voiceovers and the Master League, which aren't there on PSP. We've researched on how we could do this in the future. The voiceover could still be a problem in the future PSP series but definitely we think the Master League will get fit in there so in the future in the PSP version, we'll probably see the Master League come back.

What does the next-generation of consoles present for the series in terms of opportunities and challenges?

Seabass: [Laughs]. It will be very apparent that the graphics, or what you see, will change because this it what everyone's expecting and we will of course do this. And I guess everyone wants to know where the AI will upgrade. We have set challenges for the next-gen, will try to make the players much more individual, so the players will act differently on the pitch, according to how they do in real life. In the past we've made the AI a little bit too smart, and we want to probably break this in the next-gen so that the players make natural human mistakes.

What are your main objectives with PES Management and do you think PES players will enjoy the challenge of management too?

Greyhound: At the beginning of the project we wanted to take the PES franchise not just into the action genre but into the other genre as well. For the
Winning Eleven productions, this is the new challenge that we're having. And not just a management game but we will try to increase this franchise according to the genre of the game or the platform - and we want to make that very specific and expand. So it's all a set of challenges and the management game, the first one, is a new challenge that we have.

Talking specifically about PES Management, we'll have the six leagues and we'll try to have as real a schedule as possible and real regulations according to the leagues. But in this title we've put the spotlight on the manager, so you've been playing as a player in the action titles in PES but we wanted people to understand a little bit about not just the glory for the manager but also the hardships. You could get fired if you're team's not doing good. We wanted to actually try to represent the fun of being a manager but also the hardship of being a manager.

Does the development team still find inspiration from watching a game of football?

Seabass: Yes, now the team has finished Winning Eleven 9 and PES 5, what the team's mostly doing is watching at least two to three matches a day and trying to get ideas. At the same time me and many of the team members are playing five-a-side football at home and we get ideas. Even yesterday after playing a couple of matches I had two or three ideas that I want to try and explore.

What are your favourite teams and players? And we've heard you don't like strong teams so we wanted to know why they're not stronger in the game?

Seabass: [Laughs]. Yes it's true I don't like teams that are too strong. I used to like Chelsea but now I don't like Chelsea any more [everyone laughs]. My favourite club team right now is AC Milan because they have so many world-famous players but they're not consistently a strong team. My favourite player at the moment is Cambiaso because his forehead has... even I have a big forehead but Cambiaso has lost lots of hair so his forehead is becoming bigger and bigger and bigger [everyone laughs]. It's sad and everyone feels sympathy toward the player [everyone laughs]. So now I like Cambiaso.

Do you have any predictions for the World Cup next year and who are you looking forward to seeing play there?

Seabass: If I answer Brazil it's an obvious and boring answer. Yesterday I would have said England, but today, Holland. It'll be interesting. The players to watch in Holland will be Robben or Van Persie although Van Persie might not make it into the team, I'm not sure, but those are the players I'd like to watch.

Peter Moore at X05 talked a little bit about PES 6 on Xbox 360. Could you tell us a little about what you're aiming to do here?

Seabass: PES has always been centred on PS2 and then ported to other platforms. We're trying to change this thinking toward development completely. We would like to create a PES first and then port to other next-gen platforms because we'd like to make the Pro Evo experience the same no matter what platform it's on. For the Xbox 360, if we have this thinking in construction set up we probably won't sacrifice anything because it won't be a port from PS2 to the Xbox or the Xbox 360 version.
We would like to take advantage of the Xbox 360's hardware specs as much as possible but we don't want to make too much 360-specific because that might ruin the experience of other platform users.!