• -
    • Cinema

Visualizzazione risultati da 1 a 2 di 2

Discussione: Galactic civilization 2

Cambio titolo
    alainpoeta
    Ospite

Galactic civilization 2

Apro questo topic per parlare di questo gioco uscito da poco che ha ricevuto recensioni positive (9,00 su gamespot). Io l'ho ordinato su play.com, 26e per lìedizione limitata con scatola in metallo.
    Il gioco in questione è uno strategico simile a Master of Orion 2, con un IA decisamente evoluta e che ai livelli più alti non bara.

La cosa più curiosa è che il gioco in questione non ha nessun tipo di protezione contro la copia, niente starforce niente cd nel lettore niente seriale.

Nell'attesa che mi arrivi ecco un commento preso direttamente dal sito ufficiale del gioco.

We just got our report on the first week of sales of Galactic Civilizations II. Despite some availability problems, we're told that we're presently the best selling software title at Walmart. Let me be clear: Not just #1 PC game, but overall software.

Best Buy, EB, and Gamestop have put in additional orders that actually exceed their initial sell-in orders (which you may recall were 3X what GalCiv I's initial retail presence was).

How is this possible? No one is ever going to accuse us of being a marketing juggernaut. It's not like there was a 6 month build up of "hype" or whatever. Few reviews are up yet.

It's word of mouth. You guys. Individual people from around the world simply getting the game and telling their friends that they liked it.

And here's another thing to consider -- Galactic Civilizations II has no copy protection whatsoever. Not even a CD check. Heck, you can install the game and toss out the CD and use the included serial # (which you don't even have to use to install) to redownload the entire game from us even years in the future.

So what about piracy? Remember? That's the argument why games need all kinds of DRM and CD protection -- piracy. Yet retail sales are very high. Very high despite the fact that any one of the 50,000+ people who have already purchased could zip up the CDs and put them on-line because there's no copy protection.

One might argue that not having copy protection decreases the piracy on the game because there's no copy protection to crack and distribute. And perhpas some people who might have been on the fence decided to buy the game because they didn't have to worry about losing their CD or worrying that some copy protection scheme was going to create headaches.

It will be interesting to see what the overall monthly sales stats will be when they're published next month (i.e. the ones publicly available).

Thanks to the Internet and the ease of communication, it is looking very possible that the balance of power in PC entertainment software has shifted decidedly to the players and away from the traditional avenues.

As soon as the generally available sales stats are out, we'll link to them.

Utente
    Registrato il
    03-06
    ( sono nuovo !! ciao a tutti :P )

il 23 me lo compro, da quello che ho letto sembra promettere molto bene