• Cinema

Visualizzazione risultati da 1 a 9 di 9

Discussione: [NEWS] Johnny Depp e Michael Mann su Litvinenko

Cambio titolo
    Utente L'avatar di Il Morandini
    Registrato il
    10-06

[NEWS] Johnny Depp e Michael Mann su Litvinenko

Warner Bros. Pictures has scooped up film rights to a book on the mysterious death of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko for Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil to develop, reports Variety.

As with any Infinitum project, the film about Litvinenko could be a potential starring vehicle for Depp, who has been closely following the story.

Depp will produce with Infinitum prexy Christi Dembrowski and Initial Entertainment Group president Graham King. Infinitum is an Initial Entertainment company.

The unpublished novel "Sasha's Story: The Life and Death of a Russian Spy" will be penned by New York Times London bureau chief Alan Cowell, who has been covering the story since it first broke in November.

In London, the investigation continues into the death of Litvinenko, who was poisoned in late November by polonium-210. Just before his death, he blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin's regime for the murder.

Cowell will continue covering the story before taking a leave to write the book, which will be published by Doubleday in the U.S. and Transworld in the U.K. later this year.
    Fonte Comingsoon.net

Columbia Pictures and Michael Mann have entered the race against Warner Bros. and Johnny Depp to mount a film about Alexander "Sasha" Litvinenko, the ex-KGB agent who was fatally poisoned, reports Variety.

Based on a proposal and a sample chapter, Columbia paid $500,000 against $1.5 million early Friday for the screen rights to "Death of a Dissident," a book that is being co-written by Alex Goldfarb and the subject's widow, Marina Litvinenko. The book will be published in late May by the Simon & Schuster subsidiary Free Press.

Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher, who brought the project to the studio, will produce. Mann is in talks to direct. If that happens, his Forward Pass will produce as well.

The film will be an espionage thriller, exploring the collision between deep rooted Russian power structure enforced by the KGB and its successor, the FSB, and the new wave of wild west capitalism that came on the heels of Glasnost. And the way in which Litvinenko got caught between those two colossal forces. From his deathbed, Litvinenko blamed Russian president Vladimir Putin and his regime for the poisoning, ruled to be from polonium-210.
    Fonte Comingsoon.net

Dunque sia la "Warner Bros" che la "Columbia" sono interessate al progetto, bisogna solo attendere e vedere chi delle due riuscirà a spuntarla, quel che sembra ormai certo è che il film si farà, d'altronde, considerato il potenziale cinematografico della vicenda era inevitabile.
    Tempo fa, come aveva riportato Gall in un topic, era stata avanzata la possibilità che tra gli interpreti ci fosse Daniel Craig, onestamente l'idea non mi sarebbe dispiaciuta.
    Staremo a vedere.

Disclaimer: Visto e considerato che sono le 8 di Sabato mattina, date per scontato che io abbia scritto qualcosa di scontato.
    Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free?
    If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me
    Have you ever seen a one-legged dog making its way down the street?
    If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me

Omnia sunt communia L'avatar di Tycho
    Registrato il
    02-04
    Citazione Il Morandini

Disclaimer: Visto e considerato che sono le 8 di Sabato mattina, date per scontato che io abbia scritto qualcosa di scontato.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    non é che ad altri orari le cose migliorino, neh!

Registrato il
    10-06
    Citazione Tycho
    non é che ad altri orari le cose migliorino, neh!
    Ci rinuncio

Omnia sunt communia L'avatar di Tycho
    Registrato il
    02-04
    Citazione Il Morandini
    Ci rinuncio

Big
    Ospite
    Visti i nomi, qualcunque cosa sia, lo vedro' assolutamente!

Ku Nuk Mak Sauro Tuk Tuk L'avatar di chinook
    Registrato il
    11-02
    Mi sembra di vedere il mercato fiction dove tutti si buttano sull'ultimo avvenimento...

Registrato il
    10-06
    Citazione chinook
    Mi sembra di vedere il mercato fiction dove tutti si buttano sull'ultimo avvenimento...
    Comunque il film non sarà certo incentrato sull'avvelenamento dell'ex-spia russa, bensì sul libro da lui scritto.

Ku Nuk Mak Sauro Tuk Tuk L'avatar di chinook
    Registrato il
    11-02
    Citazione Il Morandini
    Comunque il film non sarà certo incentrato sull'avvelenamento dell'ex-spia russa, bensì sul libro da lui scritto.
    Ah, pensavo per la storia dell'avvelenamento.. Comunque questa accelerazione è perchè vogliono sfruttare l'affare polonio 210 finchè è caldo nella mente dello spettatore...

Registrato il
    10-06
    Citazione chinook
    Ah, pensavo per la storia dell'avvelenamento.. Comunque questa accelerazione è perchè vogliono sfruttare l'affare polonio 210 finchè è caldo nella mente dello spettatore...
    Vabbè, su questo non ci sono dubbi, comunque è sicuro che il film (se si farà, ma credo sia ormai certo) sarà incentrato sul libro, che svela parecchi retroscena sul KGB, logico poi che ci inseriranno anche l'avvelenamento finale.