• -
    • RetroGaming
    • -
    • Anteprime
    • -
    • Video
    • -
    • Cinema

Visualizza Risultati Sondaggio: Bevete alcol?

Partecipanti
227. Non puoi votare in questo sondaggio
  • 164 72,25%
  • No

63 27,75%
Pag 1 di 9 1234 ... UltimoUltimo
Visualizzazione risultati da 1 a 15 di 134

Discussione: Quanti di voi bevono alcol?

Cambio titolo
    Utente L'avatar di Pikachu95
    Registrato il
    09-09

Quanti di voi bevono alcol?

Dato che nella sezione "Off Topic" del forum Games Village non era ancora presente (almeno da quel che ho potuto notare recentemente) un topic di questo tipo, ho deciso di aprirne uno io.

Quanti di voi bevono alcol? Io no.

(Rispondete anche al sondaggio )
    Patrizio Masini (Pikachu95) è stato Qui.

Utente
    Registrato il
    01-06
    Solo champagne e/o vino bianco in occasioni (compleanni, feste...), assolutamente niente tutto l'anno.

Devo rispondere sì o no ?

little girl L'avatar di the dark player
    Registrato il
    01-07
    ovvio che si

Bannato L'avatar di Daryl
    Registrato il
    01-13
    L'alcol è come l'amore: il primo bacio è magico, il secondo è intimo, il terzo è routine. Dopo di che, spogli la donna e basta.

Enjoy Freedom L'avatar di FedeMatt92
    Registrato il
    01-10
    Che si veda il bicchiere mezzo vuoto o mezzo pieno, c'è chiaramente spazio per dell'altro vino.

Utente L'avatar di agent_45
    Registrato il
    10-09
    Ma che topic è?
    Firma rimossa per altezza eccedente il limite imposto dal Regolamento (158 pixel).
    Don Dema

Lurker L'avatar di Ra90
    Registrato il
    07-05
    Raro perché si beve roba scadente. L'alcol buono costa, quindi è raro che prenda qualcosa. Ho votato no per questo motivo.

Bannato
    Registrato il
    02-12
    Non sono certo astemio.

alexdgl
    Ospite
    quanti di voi mangiano pasta?

ah no aspetta, non me ne frega niente.

Spoilt1986
    Ospite
    Io bevo solo birra ma:
    • Solo di sera
    • solo se esco
    • solo se non guido

I superalcolici mi fanno un po' cagare

Utente
    Registrato il
    06-06
    Bevo SOLO ED ESCLUSIVAMENTE acqua naturale da ormai sei anni.

Utente L'avatar di semerkhet
    Registrato il
    09-12
    Citazione People of class drink alcohol
    On his twitter feed one Conor Friedersdorf made a comment about how beer unites people across the ideological spectrum. I raised my eyebrows at this, because I know that a substantial number of Southern white Protestants do not drink alcohol. With a name like Friedersdorf I suspect that Conor probably didn’t consider this because of the normative nature of beer consumption in his social circles. I’ve always meant to look into the differences in alcohol consumption by demographic because I’m sure you’ve seen all the medical “studies” which claim that drinking in moderation has benefits toward your health. The main concern I have is that a lot of these seem to be correlational studies (though not all), and there are also often conflicts of interest with the funding (the alcoholic beverage industry is naturally happy to front the cash to pursue research so as to make the correlation firmer in the public mind). Now, I have nothing against alcohol personally, I like dark beers and white wines. But I’m a little skeptical when people promote health benefits of a class of product with which a non-trivial minority of the population have substance abuse issues.

To sate my curiosity, I decided to look at the GSS. So you can replicate, here are my variables:

Row: Drink

Column: Year Race Sex Region God(r:1-3″Non-theist”;4-5″Believe, But Doubts”;6″Know God Exists”) Relig Polviews Degree Wordsum

Some of the variables are obvious, but in regards to the somewhat garbled gibberishy looking section I “recoded” it so as to combine classes with very small N’s and such. Since you have the variable names you can follow up and see what I did if you’re curious.

Here are some results….

Not too much change over the years.

Now, some demographic variables of interest. Not too surprising. I knew that blacks were more likely to be teetotalers, and expected that women would be as well. Note the big difference by religion.

As I said, people in the South are less likely to drink. This partly tracks religion, but I’ve poked around these particular data and in New England both Catholics and Protestants drink a fair amount, so it is a regional Protestant subculture which is fostering teetotaling (here are the labels geographically by the way).

Some more variables, though note the spectrum. The conservative tendency toward teetotaling probably has something to do with the correlates of extreme conservatism (higher religiosity, tendency to live in the South, be Protestant, etc.). Keep an eye on the education though….

This chart pretty much floored me.

I was expecting it. That is, that the more intelligent, who scored high on a vocabulary test, would drink more than the dumb, who scored low. Look at the other correlates above. But I’ve rarely seen such a stark near-monotonic trend with Wordsum.

You can try to control for variables. Race doesn’t matter much for what it’s worth, the trends stay pretty much the same if you constrain to whites. I decided to check the “Bible” variable, which measures literal interpretation. As expected controlling for fundamentalism eliminates much of the Protestant vs. non-Protestant difference, as well as exacerbates the sex difference (fundamentalist women are much more teetotaling than men), but it really didn’t effect the rank relation on many categories. The regional and Wordsum difference remains even among those who are fundamentalists or irreligious. I think this points to the social aspect of drinking. Even if you like to drink, if you’re circle of acquaintances tends not to, you won’t get a chance to drink as much. Conversely, if drinking is expected, there’s more pressure to bend your norms to please your friends.

Anyway, just be careful of studies extolling the virtues of alcohol unless they control for confounds. It’s just a fact that stupid people tend to die earlier, because they often make life decisions in keeping with their nature.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn.../#.UPGnTieNj3U

FaghErMejo
    Ospite
    Si ma assolutamente non quotidianamente

Utente
    Registrato il
    10-11
    Citazione Pikachu95 Visualizza Messaggio
    Dato che nella sezione "Off Topic" del forum Games Village non era ancora presente (almeno da quel che ho potuto notare recentemente) un topic di questo tipo, ho deciso di aprirne uno io.

Quanti di voi bevono alcol? Io no.

(Rispondete anche al sondaggio )
    Quantifichiamo la cosa prego. Con bere alcol cosa intendi, il bicchiere di vino a tavola, il tirarsi neri, bersi una birra o farsi cocktail misti coi più letali superalcolici in commercio?

Pag 1 di 9 1234 ... UltimoUltimo